Sunday, September 30, 2007

Stop Child Sexual Abuse Workshop

I have attended Stop Child Sexual Abuse workshop in 28 to 30 of September 2007. Its really gain my knowledge and bring awareness about child sexual abuse issue.

During the workshop, i learned lots of things from it, such as:

1) the definition of child sexual abuse (CSA) which allow me to view the issue in new perspective.
2) the statistic of CSA really makes me shock and surprise
3) the precondition of CSA. Before the CSA happens, what is the risk factor contribute to it.
4) the Grooming process which consist of five continuous stage: create opportunities, targeting the child, introduce physical touch, sexual touch and keeping secrecy. Its really make me understand more how this process is carry out and contradicting my original myths of mind.
5) the effects and signs of a victim of CSA
6) what can I do in order to help them?????? i really appreciate it i can do something to help them such as gain more information about CSA, spread the information to bring awareness in public, how to deal with CSA case if victims come to me, and can be a para-counselor as well.

Before end of the workshop, all participants is divided into two groups and need to give one hour talk about CSA. this really helps us to internalize our learned knowledge. Finally, i also happy because i am chosen to be the best speaker in this workshop.

Below are the material and present i get from this workshop

No comments: